If you are searching for a podiatrist in the inner Western suburbs, Fig Tree Pocket is located close to our podiatry clinic situated within the large regional Indooroopilly Shoppingtown (office towers, level 6). The shopping centre well supplied by bus and train public transport options. Phone 3878 5590 to book an appointment.
We treat all types of foot conditions including:
- Heel pain / arch pain / plantar fasciitis / heel spurs
- Achilles’ tendon issues and injuries including to the calf muscle.
- Ball of foot pain / metatarsalgia / Morton’s neuroma / stress fractures
- Bunion pain and arthritic pain in other areas of the feet and legs
- Ingrown toenails / painful toenails / fungal infections of toenails
- Nerve pain / neuropathy / neuralgia
- Diabetic foot assessments / wound treatment
- ‘Chiropody” style nail and foot care
- All other types of injuries or pain
We utilise a number treatment options including…
- General podiatry / chiropody
- Laser therapy (for fungal nails).
- Local anesthetic for tending to painful nails
- Minor nail surgery for long term management of ingrown toenails
- Soft tissue & neural prolotherapy for nerve, muscle and tendon pain
- Mobilisation of the foot joints
- Prolotherapy (nerve injections)
- Orthotics (custom made and cheaper options)
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy to increase blood flow to areas of long term pain
Podiatry Fig tree Pocket: Our Podiatrists
We have four podiatrists working within our Indooroopilly podiatry clinic.
Stephanie graduated from Queensland University of Technology with a Bachelor of Podiatry (Honours) in 1990. Further to this, in 1996 she completed a Master of Health Science, majoring in Podiatry. Stephanie has been in private practice since 1991 and has spent several years studying and assisting in foot surgery. During her studies, Stephanie excelled in orthotic design and manufacture, earning her the prestigious C.W. Graves award. She has built on this knowledge to patent internationally, a new type of corrective orthotic device called a Copythotic. Stephanie has special interest in treating intractable pain, particularly where long standing and resistant to previous interventions.
Charlotte gained her qualifications from Auckland University of Technology in 2007 with a Bachelor of Health Science, Podiatry. Charlotte has worked in private practice since graduating, including gathering valuable experience from working in London for four years. Charlotte predominately works in the Indooroopilly clinic; however, she also makes her way over to Toombul every other Thursday. Charlotte is also trained in the use of our Pinpointe laser for fungal nail infections and enjoys all parts of podiatry such as paediatrics, injury treatment, nail surgery, sports injuries/biomechanics and general podiatry treatment.
Christian graduated from Queensland University of Technology with a Bachelor of Podiatry (Honours) in 2014. In 2017, he also became an Endorsed Prescriber of Scheduled Medicines, the 12th podiatrist in the state to attain this advanced qualification. Christian is trained injection therapies such as prolotherapy, neural prolotherapy and corticosteroid infiltrations. He also finds it very rewarding when successfully treating complex diabetic foot conditions. Additionally, Christian is interested in all aspects of podiatry, however, sports injuries as well as minor surgery for ingrown nails and skin lesions are of particular interest.
In 2006, Holly graduated from Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane, and then went on to further her education with post graduate study in both prolotherapy and diabetes. Holly frequently volunteers for various public health and awareness initiatives such as for Oxfam Trailwalker and Bridge to Brisbane as a Podiatrist. With a particular focus on diabetic care, dermatology and paediatric podiatry, Holly has expanded her practice by gaining a license in Pinpointe Laser for fungal nail infections. After many years of working in shoe retail, Holly has a keen interested and impressive knowledge of footwear and is able to assist in all aspects of podiatry.
Podiatrist Fig tree Pocket: Costs
We are accredited providers for all private health funds. Additionally, we are Bupa Members first podiatrists, Medibank members’ choice podiatrists and part of HCF more for feet program.
To go to our fees page, click here.