Podiatrist: Chapel Hill
If you need to see a podiatrist in the inner Western suburbs of Brisbane, Chapel Hill is just a short distance away from our long established podiatry clinic within Indooroopilly Shoppingtown (office towers, level 6). The shopping centre is well supplied by bus and train and has ample parking. Phone 3878 5590 to make an appointment now.
Our Chapel Hill Podiatrists
Stephanie graduated from Queensland University of Technology with a Bachelor of Podiatry (Honours) in 1990, with the addition on completing a Master of Health Science, majoring in Podiatry in 1996. She acts as the consultant podiatrist, Chermside and surrounding suburbs, helping the team with complex cases. She was one of the first podiatrists to be granted Endorsement to Prescribe Scheduled Medicines in Queensland and has a post graduate degree in this form of treatment. Stephanie is experienced in in-house ultrasonography, prolotherapy, neural prolotherapy and minor surgical procedures of the nails and skin. Her special interest lies in treating intractable pain, particularly where long standing and resistant to previous interventions.
Charlotte graduated from Auckland University of Technology in 2007 with a Bachelor of Health Science, Podiatry. She has worked in private practice in both Australia and the United Kingdom. Charlotte is a keen sports woman enjoying running, cycling and general fitness. She enjoys all aspects of podiatry with a special interest in sports injuries/biomechanics. Charlotte is also trained in the use of our Pinpointe laser for fungal nail infections.
Christian joined us in 2014 after graduating from QUT with honours. Christian also holds a degree in education and has had a past life as a primary school teacher. He also became an Endorsed Prescriber of Scheduled Medicines in 2017, only the 12th podiatrist in the state to achieve this advanced qualification. He enjoys all aspects of podiatry practice, including minor surgery for ingrown nails and skin lesions such as warts. He is interested in sports, sports injuries and the interplay between foot mechanics and skeletal injuries higher up. Christian performs injection therapies such as prolotherapy, neural prolotherapy and corticosteroid infiltrations. Tending to complex diabetic foot conditions is also a rewarding outcome.
Holly gained her academic qualifications at Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane. Holly has a broad knowledge and interest in all aspects of podiatry, including a focus in Diabetic Care and education, Pediatric Podiatry and Biomechanics. Holly has also gained post-graduate qualifications in Prolotherapy, has written articles for city publications aimed at the general public and frequently volunteers for various public health and awareness initiatives.
We treat all types of foot conditions affecting people in Chapel hill including:
- Achilles’ tendon pain and dysfunction and injuries of the calf muscles.
- fungal infections of toenails
- Ingrown toenails / painful toenails
- Nerve pain / neuralgia / neuropathic pains / night pains of the feet and legs
- Heel pain / arch pain / plantar fasciitis / heel spurs
- Diabetic foot evaluations / wound and ulcer treatment
- ‘Ball of foot pain / stress fractures of the metatarsals / metatarsalgia / Morton’s neuroma
- Pain affecting the 1st metatarsophalangeal (Bunion) joint
- Arthritic pain affecting areas of the feet and legs
- General nail and foot care
- Most other types of injuries or pain in the foot, ankle and leg
- Some varieties of knee, hip and back pain
We utilise a number treatment options including…
- General podiatry / chiropody
- Laser treatment for infections of nails by fungus
- Local anesthetic for treatments that may be painful
- long term correction of ingrown toenails
- Prolotherapy to soft tissues for nerve, muscle and tendon pain
- Mobilisation of the foot joints
- Prolotherapy to nerves / Perineural Injection Therapy for nerve entrapments within the lower limb
- Orthotics (Brisbane’s widest range of custom mad, softer, smaller or cheaper options)
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy. This is used to increase blood flow to areas of chronic injury where healing is not progressing on its own.
Podiatrist Chapel Hill: Costs
We are accredited providers for all private health funds. Additionally, we are Bupa Members first podiatrists, Medibank members’ choice podiatrists and part of HCF more for feet program.
To go to our fees page relevant to Podiatrist Chapel Hill click here.
Podiatry Chapel Hill: Our Podiatrists
Four qualified podiatrists work at our Indooroopilly podiatry clinic.
Holly West – Holly West sees a wide range of patients and conditions. Her ongoing studies have included prolotherapy and neural prolotherapy. She also has a special interest in diabetic education and care, as well as interventions for children. Holly is also trained to use prolotherapy, shockwave and laser treatments. Holly is based at our Indooroopilly Podiatry clinic on Wednesday and Thursdays and alternate Saturdays for tending to clients from Chapel hill.
Trina Goard – is the newest podiatrist to join walk Without Pain, having graduating from QUT in 2016 with honours. Trina sees patients across all aspects of podiatry. She attends our Indooroopilly clinic on Fridays. Her special interests include the effects of systemic diseases on feet.
Charlotte Hyndman – Charlotte is a keen athlete and has an interest in biomechanics, human movements sciences and sporting injuries. Charlotte has worked as a podiatrist in Australia, New Zealand and Britain. She is trained in the use of the shockwave and laser technologies and is proficient in prolotherapy injections for soft tissue and nerve injuries. Charlotte is in available for appointments Monday to Friday at our Indooroopilly clinic, conveniently located near Chapel Hill.
Stephanie Cosgrove – is our principal podiatrist, working largely as a consultant for more complex cases. Stephanie’s area of professional endeavours include treating patients with chronic conditions, ongoing pain, particularly following previous treatment failure. Stephanie is at our Indooroopilly clinic every Thursday